Dill Pickle Hummus is a tangy and savory dip that combines the creamy texture of traditional hummus with the zesty flavor of dill pickles for a unique and delicious snack or appetizer.
With just a handful of simple ingredients and a food processor or blender, you can whip up a batch of this flavorful hummus in no time. Serve it with pita bread, crackers, or fresh vegetables for a healthy and satisfying snack that will please even the pickiest eaters.
Whether you're hosting a party, packing a lunch, or just craving a snack, this Dill Pickle Hummus is sure to be a hit. So grab a jar of dill pickles and let's get started!
The star ingredient of this hummus recipe is, of course, dill pickles! These briny cucumbers add a tangy and zesty flavor to the hummus, which pairs perfectly with the creaminess of the chickpeas. When choosing your pickles, look for ones that are crunchy and have a strong flavor.
Chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, are a staple ingredient in traditional hummus. They provide a creamy texture and a mild, nutty flavor that pairs well with a variety of seasonings and spices. Chickpeas are also high in protein and fiber, making this hummus a nutritious snack option. If you have the time, you can use dried chickpeas and cook them yourself, but canned chickpeas work just as well and save time.
Fresh dill is a fragrant herb that adds a subtle, refreshing flavor to the hummus. It also adds a pop of green color that makes the hummus look even more appealing. If you don't have fresh dill on hand, you can use dried dill instead, but fresh dill will give you the best flavor. When using fresh dill, make sure to chop it finely so that it mixes well with the other ingredients.
Hummus Base Recipe :
Freshly made hummus is a staple in our household due to its delightful texture. Although store-bought hummus suffices, my husband and I prefer the taste of homemade hummus. He particularly enjoys using it as a healthy snack to dip his veggies in, which never gets old because of its versatility.
Making hummus is effortless since you can simply throw chickpeas or other beans in a food processor with some flavorful ingredients. You can easily switch up the flavor by making Black Bean Hummus with olives, Spicy Hummus, Cilantro Jalapeno Hummus, or Harrisa Hummus.
Once you have all of the ingredients on hand, simply combine them in a food processor or blender and blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Be sure to stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to ensure that everything is well-mixed.
If the hummus is too thick for your liking, feel free to add a tablespoon or two of water to thin it out. Once you've achieved your desired consistency, give the hummus a taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
To serve, transfer the hummus to a serving bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Then, top with chopped pickles for an extra burst of flavor and texture. You can enjoy your Dill Pickle Hummus with pita bread, crackers, or fresh vegetables for dipping.
Dill Pickle Hummus is a versatile dip that can be served with a variety of different foods.
- Pita: One classic option is to serve it with pita bread or pita chips, which provide a sturdy base for dipping and allow you to scoop up plenty of hummus with each bite.
- Potato Chips: my favorite is salt and vinegar chips!! Potato chips with this dill pickle hummus, reminds me of getting chips and a pickle with a sandwich from the deli.
- Cut Vegetables: If you're looking for a healthier option, consider serving the Dill Pickle Hummus with cut vegetables, such as carrots, celery, cucumber, or bell peppers. These provide a refreshing and crisp complement to the tangy, savory hummus, and they're packed with nutrients to boot.
- Spread on Sandwiches or Wraps: Another fun way to enjoy this hummus is by using it as a spread in wraps or sandwiches. Try spreading some hummus onto a tortilla or wrap, and then layering on some fresh veggies, or grilled chicken for a tasty and satisfying lunch option.
- Pickled Vegetables: Try this hummus with pickled vegetables! Pickled Celery, Pickled Carrots, and Pickled Onions are all tasty compliments to this hummus weather on toast or in a wrap.
This recipe is a great way to mix up your usual snacking routine and add some excitement to your meals. Plus, it's incredibly versatile - you can customize the flavor to your liking by adding extra spices or ingredients. Whether you're a die-hard pickle fan or just looking to try something new, this Dill Pickle Hummus is sure to become a new favorite!
If you’ve tried this Dill Pickle Hummus recipe or any other recipe on BalancingBowls, please let me know how it turned out in the comments below! You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to see more tasty meals and anything else I’m up to.
Dill Pickle Hummus
- 2 can 15 oz chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 6 tablespoons pickle jucie
- ¼ cut fresh dill
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh pepper
- 2 chopped pickles for topping
- 2 tablespoons olive for topping
- In a food processor or blender, combine the chickpeas, tahini, garlic, pickle juice, fresh dill, cumin, salt, and pepper. Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- If the hummus is too thick, add a tablespoon or two of water to thin it out. Taste the hummus and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Transfer the hummus to a serving bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Top with the chopped pickles.