Are you tired of boring, plain salads? Look no further than this delicious and easy-to-make Hummus Dressing! With just a few simple ingredients, you can transform any salad into a flavorful and satisfying meal. The base of this dressing is made with creamy hummus, which provides a rich and nutty flavor, while Dijon mustard adds a tangy kick. The addition of olive oil and lemon juice (or vinegar) creates a smooth and well-balanced texture, while salt adds just the right amount of seasoning. And if you prefer a thinner consistency, simply add a bit of water until it reaches your desired thickness. So, whether you’re looking to switch up your salad game or just want a tasty and healthy dressing option, give this Hummus Dressing a try!
I love hummus! We always have it at the house, but most of the time a make it at home because I love experimenting with different flavor combinations, from Cilantro Jalapeno Hummus and Harrisa Hummus to Black Bean Olive Hummus. But any plain hummus, store-bought or homemade, will work well for this dressing recipe. Hummus is not only delicious, but it’s also packed with nutrients such as protein, fiber, healthy fats, and essential vitamins and minerals. Using hummus as a base for this dressing provides a nutritious and flavorful option compared to many store-bought dressings that are often high in unhealthy fats and additives.
Dijon Mustard (Cream):
Dijon mustard has a bold, tangy flavor and adds a nice kick to any dish. In this recipe, the creaminess of the Dijon mustard helps to balance the boldness of the hummus and adds a smooth texture to the dressing.
Lemon juice is a common ingredient in dressings as it adds a bright, tangy flavor and helps to balance out the richness of other ingredients. The lemon juice is used to add a tangy flavor and to thin out the dressing to achieve the desired consistency.
Olive oil in your salad dressing is a great way to add flavor and nutrition to your salad. It is a healthy source of fat and adds a rich and nutty flavor to the dressing and helps to create a smooth and well-balanced texture.
Begin by combining ½ cup of hummus, 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a small bowl. Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon (or a splash of vinegar) into the bowl and add a pinch of salt. Mix the ingredients together until well combined. If the dressing is too thick for your liking, add 2-4 tablespoons of water, one tablespoon at a time, until it reaches your desired consistency.
Taste the dressing and adjust the seasoning as needed, adding more salt or lemon juice if desired. Use the dressing immediately or store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
To serve, drizzle the dressing over your favorite salad ingredients and toss until well coated. Enjoy your delicious and nutritious salad!
What to serve hummus dressing with:
This hummus salad dressing is incredibly versatile and can be served with a wide range of salads. Here are a few suggestions:
- Greek Salad: This classic salad features crisp lettuce, juicy tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, olives, and feta cheese. The creamy hummus dressing pairs perfectly with the tangy feta cheese and zesty lemon flavors in this salad.
- Cobb Salad: This hearty salad typically includes grilled chicken, avocado, bacon, hard-boiled eggs, tomatoes, and blue cheese. The creamy and flavorful hummus dressing is a great complement to the rich and savory flavors of the cobb salad.
- Mediterranean Salad: This refreshing salad combines crunchy greens with a variety of Mediterranean-inspired ingredients like roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts, Kalamata olives, and crumbled feta cheese. The hummus dressing is the perfect complement to the flavors of the Mediterranean.
- Quinoa Salad: This healthy and satisfying salad features quinoa, fresh vegetables, and herbs. The creamy hummus dressing pairs perfectly with the nutty flavors of the quinoa and the fresh herbs.
- Garden Salad: A simple garden salad featuring fresh greens, sliced cucumbers, carrots, and cherry tomatoes is elevated with this delicious hummus dressing.
Hummus salad dressing is a great choice for salads that feature a mix of fresh vegetables, bold flavors, and creamy textures. Whether you’re making a hearty cobb salad or a simple garden salad, this hummus dressing is sure to be a hit with both kids and adults alike!
If you’ve tried this hummus dressing recipe or any other recipe on BalancingBowls, please let me know how it turned out in the comments below! You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to see more tasty meals and anything else I’m up to.
- ½ cup Hummus
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 olive oil
- Juice of 1 Lemon juice or vinegar
- 2-4 water
- In a small bowl, combine ½ cup of hummus, 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon (or a splash of vinegar) into the bowl and add a pinch of salt.
- Mix the ingredients together until well combined.
- If the dressing is too thick for your liking, add 2-4 tablespoons of water, one tablespoon at a time, until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Taste the dressing and adjust the seasoning as needed, adding more salt or lemon juice if desired.
- Use the dressing immediately or store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- To serve, drizzle the dressing over your favorite salad ingredients and toss until well coated. Enjoy your delicious and nutritious salad!