Want to get more greens in your diet? Board of the same old side salad? Looking for something warm and cozy for dinner while eating healthy?
I have some delicious warm winter salad recipes that are hearty enough to have for dinner. Warm winter salads and veggie-packed soups are two of my favorite ways to pack more vegetables well satisfying the desire for warm cozy food in the winter.
What’s a Warm winter salad?
I am defining warm winter salad as a salad that serves primarily warm ingredients over salad greens. These recipes are sheet pan dinners served over hearty greens. Other served pan-fried elements over salad greens.
What makes a good salad?
- Color- we eat with her eyes before we eat with our mouths. I’m a ceramic artist and teacher- not surprising I think it’s super important to consider how meals look. There’s a time and a place for monochromatic, but most of the time I like a variation in colors to highlight the fresh vegetables in my salads.
- Texture- The variation in textures can make the most out of your salads. I love a mixture of creamy, crispy, chewy, and crunchy.
- Flavor boosters- Homemade salad dressings, toasted nuts, and fried cheese, these salads are packed with a variety of flavor-boosting elements to bring your dish to the next level.
- Contrast – whether it’s contrasting colors or contrasting the texture, I think salads work best when there is some variation that balances out the elements. The heat of a harissa sauce works great with a cooling nutty tahini sauce. A shallot vinaigrette's sharp and bright flavors are delicious with pan-fried feta cheese. The soft and creamy texture of sweet potatoes is balanced with the crunch of toasted pepitas and the chewy texture of dried cranberries.
The Best Winter Salad Recipes for Dinner:
- Roasted Sweet Potato and Za'tar Chickpeas Warm Salad (with Pesto vinaigrette)
- Fried Feta and Rotisserie Chicken Salad for Dinner
- Hassia Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpeas with Tahini Sauce
- Winter Salad with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Toasted Pepitas
- Warm Chopped Salad with leftover Turkey, Jalapenos, and Blistered Tomatoes
- Za’atar Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpeas Salad with Tahini Sauce
Looking for more hearty and healthy winter recipes try these Hearty and Healthy Vegetarian Soup Recipes.
Hope you enjoy this selection of Winter Salad Recipes for Dinner. Let us know any favorites below in the comments or post a picture on Instagram and tag it #balancingbowls so I can go check it out!